Posted on 04/13/2021 | About Phuket
Sailing Thailand Phuket to Phuket
Part of our new Travel with Confidence Plus Collection, this trip features a smaller group size, private transportation, en-suite bathrooms, and a discounted rate for My Own Room. Go island-hopping in Thailand and experience some of the best snorkelling in the world. Enjoy a week aboard our sailing catamaran and discover what makes Thailand special. With an experienced captain navigating the southern islands, you’ll drop anchor at highlights and secret spots perfect for a swim. Work up an appetite snorkelling, dine on Thai cuisine, and sleep moored under the stars. This trip is perfect on its own or as an add-on with our other Thai adventures.
- Relax on the deck of the catamaran in the stunning southern Thai islands
- Eat delicious Thai cuisine
- Lounge on beautiful beaches
- Swim and snorkel in quiet bays
Duration: 7 days, starting at $1999 pp (sailing only)
Start/Finish City: Phuket to Phuket
Service Level: Standard
Comfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
Physical Grading: 3 - Average
Some tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
Travel Style: Marine
Small-ship adventures on the world’s great seas, rivers, and other places only accessible by boat.
Trip Type: Small Group
Small group experience; Max 16, avg. 10.
Travel with Confidence Plus Collection
The Travel with Confidence Plus Collection includes all of the new health and safety measures we’re now taking on all of our tours, PLUS: Our maximum group size has been reduced to 12 travellers on most tours to ensure even smaller groups, exclusive use of private transportation (except planes), My Own Room option is available for 50% off, and now includes extra space on all our private vehicles, and all rooms on tour will be either single or twin-share and have en-suite bathrooms.
Sailing the Andaman Islands of Thailand. James Bond Island visit. Railay Beach visit. Snorkelling in Monkey Bay. Phang Nga Bay stop. Island visits included Krabi Islands, Ko Phi Phi Don, Southern Phuket Islands, Ko Yao Yai, and Ko Khai Nai. Snorkelling equipment and two kayaks.
Relax on the deck of the catamaran in the stunning southern Thai islands, eat delicious Thai cuisine, lounge on beautiful beaches, swim and snorkel in quiet bays
1. Please note that space is very, very limited on the boat and especially in your cabin. It is important that you only take on board soft sided luggage such as a mid sized backpack or soft duffel bag, keeping your bag's weight to less than 15kgs. Suitcases are not appropriate for our Thai sailing adventure as they are not pliable enough to fit into the niches available for luggage. If you are on a longer trip, it may be possible to store excess luggage for one week at the yacht harbour.
2. Fresh water is very limited on board, and as such we ask for your understanding that showers are limited to one quick shower per person a day. One towel per week is provided for showering purposes - please bring a beach towel. Drinking water is provided free of charge on board the yacht.
3. It's important to note that the beds in the cabins are not the usual length of a standard bed. The length is approximately 1.8 meters ( 6 feet)
4. Combo Trip: Please note that this tour combines with other G Adventures tours. As such, the staff and some travel companions on your tour may have previously been traveling together with G Adventures, prior to Day 1 of your tour. Likewise, some staff and travel companions may be continuing together on another G Adventures tour, after your trip concludes.
Group Leader Description
This sailing adventure is staffed by a qualified skipper, a local cook/first mate and a G Adventures CEO. Your onboard team know the Thai Islands extremely well and are passionate about sharing their hidden secrets with their "crew". They know the best secluded beaches, snorkeling spot, coolest beach bars and where you can check your internet. Our Cook is very welcoming and more than happy to give informal Thai cooking classes while your delicious meals are being prepared in the ship's galley.
Group Size Notes
Max 16, avg. 10.
6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Eating is a big part of traveling. Traveling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world.
Food is a major part of this sailing adventure. You will enjoy many home cooked meals lovingly prepared by our on board cook. Portions are generous and will include sea food, typical Thai dishes and even the occasional breakfast fry up. Drinking water is provided and beer, wine and soft drink is available to purchase at cost price aboard.
Non included meals are taken ashore at local restaurants. There's nothing left to do but kick back and relax!
25m (82 ft) sailing catamaran.
About our Transportation
Please note that this is a sailing catamaran, and the skipper will be using wind power when the winds are agreeable. Although this is not a learn to sail program, you may have a chance to learn a few tricks of the trade and assist the skipper with navigation while sailing. There are times when motoring the catamaran will be required, due to unfavorable wind conditions.
We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
2 deluxe double cabins, 7 standard twin/double cabins, all en suite cabins with air conditioning (6 nts).
My Own Room
My Own Room - Now 50% Off
If you’re travelling solo and would prefer to have your own private room throughout the trip, select this option during the online booking process. For tours in the Travel with Confidence Plus Collection, it’s now 50% off and includes free space next to you on our private vehicles.
The catamaran is equipped with a total of nine passenger cabins. Two deluxe double cabins are located on the main deck offering panoramic views, a slightly larger bathroom, and they are more easily accessed without the use of steep stairs. There are seven standard twin cabins below deck, accessed by steep stairs. All standard cabins feature port hole windows, and some are convertible to doubles subject to availability – please enquire when booking. For your added comfort all cabins feature air-conditioning and private en suite bathrooms.
Power onboard is 220V on European 2 pin sockets. Please note that this is not suitable for sleeping aid machines, as the power source may not always be operating. Bringing a battery pack is recommended.
The vessel also features an onboard kitchenette, interior and exterior common areas, and plenty of outside deck space.
Content provided by G Adventure.
FOR INFORMATION ON DATES, AND PRICING, CONTACT YOUR TRENT TRAVEL AGENT.