What WILL Air Travel be like in the future
Posted on 06/29/2020
What WILL transportation be like in the future?
Domestic travel is opening up slowly.
International flights are beginning again.
Slowly opening in the near future will be Coach tours, rail travel, shuttle services, excursions…….
And how will we navigate these various modes of transportation as safely as possible?
At this time, we can’t be certain of so many things.However, we can be certain that travel will not be the same as we go forward. The travel world has changed significantly over the past 10 years and now it is about to change yet again. It is a difficult, stressful time right now and nowhere will this be more apparent than at airports, on planes, buses and trains.Patience will be your best virtue.
Many of our travel partners have developed excellent safety procedures to help reduce your stress and ease your mind as travel begins again. For example, Air Transat has developed a new Traveller Care protocol outlining what you can expect on your next flight - before, during and after.
To see the entire protocol go to, https://www.airtransat.com/en-CA/travel-information/traveller-care
At the Gate:
- All our gate counters will be regularly and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- All our employees will wear face coverings or will be behind Plexiglas partitions.
- You will be required to wear a face covering.
- You will be asked to keep two metres (six feet) distance from other passengers while boarding.
- Priority boarding will only be offered to passengers with reduced mobility.
- Passengers sitting at the back of the aircraft will be asked to board first, followed by those at the front.
On board all our aircraft, our reliable HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters eliminate 99.995% of small particles, such as bacteria and viruses, refreshing cabin air every three minutes. In addition:
- Before each and every flight, the aircraft will be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant.The entire aircraft will also be cleaned every 24 hours with electrostatic disinfectant.
- Our pilots and flight attendants will wear face coverings throughout the flight.
- You will be required to wear a face covering throughout the flight.
- You will receive a complimentary Traveller Care kit, which will include a face covering, gloves, hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Lavatories will be sanitized regularly throughout the flight with hospital-grade disinfectant. Only one passenger at a time will be allowed to wait outside.
- On flights to/from Europe, a prepackaged meal (sandwich, salad and dessert) and a snack will be served.
- On flights to/from the South, the United States and within Canada (longer than three hours), you can purchase meals/snacks from the Bistro menu.
- Bottled water will be offered on all flights; beer and bottled wine will be sold at affordable prices on flights longer than three hours.
- Passengers sitting closest to the exit door(s) will deplane first, followed by the others, to avoid crossing each other.
- You will be asked to keep two metres (six feet) distance from the other passengers while deplaning.
- If you have an all-inclusive package, a Transat representative will be available to assist you at a dedicated area right before exiting the airport.
Transfers to/from the hotel, if you have an all-inclusive package:
- The transfer bus will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each transfer.
- All drivers and Transat representatives will wear face coverings and gloves on the bus.
- You will be required to wear a face covering on the bus.
- You will be asked to place your bags in the luggage compartment of the bus yourself, if possible.
- Each bus will carry a reduced number of passengers to allow additional space for distancing.
- Passengers whose hotels are furthest will sit at the back and will therefore board the bus first. Transat representatives will provide boarding instructions.
This is just a sample of what the future will look like. Although it is different, it is intended to keep us all safe and healthy while we enjoy our love of travel again.If you have any questions, one of our dedicated Trent Travel advisors will be pleased to answer them.