Post COVID-19 Weddings & Honeymoons
Posted on 06/26/2020 | About Caribbean, Anywhere
WE Will TRAVEL Again
Let's plan your beach wedding!!
If you were planning on a destination wedding or honeymoon in 2020 or 2021, don’t be discouraged! With some careful planning, it can still happen.
The Caribbean is opening to international visitors. This fall resorts are already filling up with destination weddings originally scheduled for April and May that had to be moved to October, November and even into December. Caribbean weddings and honeymoons are continuing and we have some tips to help you navigate the process.
As each resort opens, they will have new safety protocols for their guests. We recommend that you check into the details before you choose a resort. Make sure you and your guests will be comfortable with any restrictions placed on your stay by the resort.
In the immediate future, weddings are going to become smaller as less people may want to travel. The grandparents could opt to stay home. We may see more Bachelor and Bachelorette destination parties instead of weddings. It may be easier to travel with 5 – 10 friends for a Bachelorette party than to try and bring the whole family to the islands for a wedding.
On the positive side, a smaller group of people means that you can choose a smaller resort. There are many resorts with less than 50 to 100 rooms. Fewer rooms mean fewer people. In addition, occupancy rates are being reduced by 40 – 70% which means you will be sharing the resort with even fewer people.
Another option might be to consider a boutique cruise ship or a river cruise. High end cruise lines such as Oceania and Azamara cruise the Caribbean and Mediterranean with less than 1500 passengers. If you prefer to sail, check out Windstar Cruises. These luxury ships sail the Caribbean and Mediterranean with less than 100 passengers. Consider the ultimate wedding or honeymoon aboard a river cruise ship sailing the vineyards of France on Scenic, AMA, or Uniworld cruise lines. River cruises have less than 120 passengers, a leisurely pace of activities and are all-inclusive.
Many excellent choices still exist. Let our advisors help you create your perfect wedding or honeymoon. Our recommendation is to think smaller and more intimate, with less people but still plenty of sun, sand, water and romance.
Here are a few favorite honeymoon resorts:
- Bahia Principe Luxury Cayo Levantado – Samana, Dominican Republic - Beach Villa. A private island resort you reach by boat. The Beach villa has Butler service with a private terrace, a Jacuzzi and hammock.
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa – Antigua - Honeymoon suite. Sandals has many Honeymoon suite room categories, including ocean front and butler service
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites – Mayan Riviera, Mexico - Villa Laguna Suite. This is an affordable resort with many room categories including swim up rooms. The Villa is a separate building in the center of the resort, surrounded by a pond.
- El Dorado Royale, Mayan Riviera, Mexico – Beachfront Honeymoon Suite. The El Dorado resorts are all adult only, perfect for couples and romance. They are eco-friendly resorts.
- Media Luna Resort & Spa – Roatan – Oceanfront Cabana. This resort is surrounded by the jungle with only 130 rooms. The Cabanas are decorated in a beach hut style with billowing draperies -an island dream