Post COVID-19 All Inclusive Resorts
Posted on 06/29/2020 | About Caribbean, Anywhere
We WILL travel again
The BEACH is ideal for Social Distancing
We’re all ready for a beach vacation. However, as resorts re-open things will be different, specifically catering to your health and safety.
The idea of opening the Caribbean for leisure travel is a little more difficult than you might imagine.Island governments are struggling with reducing their Covid-19 case numbers, keeping their citizens safe, and re-opening their economies that rely on tourists. What a challenge it must be.
Resorts are struggling with the new safety protocols being recommended for hotels, such as distancing in restaurants, wearing masks, cleaning common areas several times a day, delivering food individually.All these things mean more staff and therefore more money.Balance that with trying to create a vacation atmosphere for their guests. Who wants to be on vacation and wear masks, gloves and avoid people. Some resorts are even considering closing swim up bars. Say it isn’t so…..
Before you choose a resort, find out what they are doing to keep you safe.
For example, Iberostar resorts, (our new preferred supplier) has implemented a “How We Care” safety protocol that includes the following new procedures:
- New protocols for disinfecting rooms that includes textiles.
- Safe buffets with individual offerings
- Hotel occupancy of a maximum 70%
- Fewer tables in restaurants
- New outdoor dining experiences
- Increased “Take-away” and Room Service meal options
- Activities in smaller groups
- A digital APP that allows pre-check-in, making a la carte restaurant reservations, and much more.
Our staff has the latest news on resorts, opening dates, new safety protocols.Contact us to help you pick the best Island Resort for you.